Sheet Music request

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, May 17, 2015.

1. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Hi anyone have the sheet music to Mona Lisa please Thank you Anthony

2. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
  3. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    I did try Google but everyone wants money I want it for free. LOL Anthony

4. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    The first one is free!

5. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
  6. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Maybe the music you seek is not free (as in freedom) music, and so is also not free (as in free beer) to take?

--bumblebee

7. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    huh?

8. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
  9. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Okay, then more clearly -- maybe the music you want is still fully commercial, copyrighted and owned by somebody who doesn't actually want to give it away free? I believe the USA has pretty long-lasting copyright laws, and (depending on the product) pretty hungry rights-holders.

I don't know (and am not qualified to say) if the song you seek is as tightly controlled as other songs are, but that might be why you keep finding people looking for money for copies.

I note that the page linked to in this thread says at the top the download is intended for trial purposes and downloaders should then go and buy the original sheet music, which sounds fair (not getting into the weeds defining this) if the rights owner wants to be paid.
    Sheet Music Download is a site dedicated to all amateur music performers around the world, giving them the opportunity to download the sheet music for free for trial purposes. It's completely free, have fun and don't forget: If you like the piece of music you have just learned playing, treat the artist with respect, and go buy the original sheet music...

--bumblebee