Shires Custom C Trumpet

Discussion in 'C Trumpets' started by Rob Patrick, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Rob Patrick

Rob Patrick New Friend

Aug 24, 2013
    Connecticut
    WTS/WTT Shires Custom C Trumpet

Hey all,

For sale I have a Shires Custom C trumpet in silver plate. It is a Model 4 MWF (meaning that it has a model 4 bell taper that is Medium Weight with a French bead, hence the MWF). It has a Y6R1 Leadpipe (maximum efficiency and control, excellent slotting, graduated bore. Per Shires' website) with a .346 venturi.

My Shires rep tells me that they based the bell off of that of a Yamaha Chicago C, with a leadpipe matching the efficiency of a reversed leadpipe.

It is an absolutely fantastic horn in excellent condition. There haven't been any dings on the horn other than an almost negligible ding on the end of the third valve slide (of course, right?) which I'll have taken out before shipping.

The horn is serial number 369 and is only a couple of years old. It kills me to sell it, but I've come to the realization that this is not the right horn for me and I need the money to put towards another Shires. I'm not looking to make a profit, I just want to be able to play C trumpet.

I am asking $3,000 to cover most of the cost of the new horn.

I am also in the market for a Cornet, rotary C trumpet or a Flugelhorn and am willing to consider a full or partial trade.

If there are any other details you'd like to know, please feel free to ask.

Case NOT included. However, I will pack & ship for free to anywhere in the continental U.S.

Thanks,
    Rob
    [email protected]

I will email pictures to those interested.