Shocked

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gary Garcia, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Gary Garcia

Gary Garcia Pianissimo User

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Danger! DO NOT SEND YOUR TRUMPET to The Musical Instrument Repair Shop in Byrdstown, Tennessee. I have had to call the local sheriff to go out to get my Martin Committee trumpet back.They have said they have had other complaints about them and say they have taken peoples money and have never seen their horns again.The officer is going out to the home(not a company)to see if he can get it back for me.It is in a very rural area(1000 people)He said he has talked to them before,they do not answer the phone and only make excuses.If you have a trumpet there for an extended period you may want to call the sheriff at 931-864-3210 and ask for officer Flowers.--Gar

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    So if you really want your horn back, just send Flowers.
    (I know it's serious but I just couldn't resist. Hope you and your Martin are soon reunited.)

3. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    How did you find these guys in the first place. Do they have a web site? Hope you get your horn back.

4. Gary Garcia

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Thanks, that got a chuckle out of me ---Gar:lol:

5. Gary Garcia

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    They do have a impressive website" Musical instrument repair shop"- Thank God I saved all the emails --Gar

6. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    How about a url so we can check it out

7. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
  8. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    I've never ent anything to musical-instrument repair shop, and now, i never will. I can also see how Gary thought that the repair shop was an excellent place to go to, because it is the first link that comes up on google when you type instrument repair. I guess you just have to be careful with the internet.

9. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    There are decent repair shops around the country and the world. Folks at TM know the good ones, so don't be afraid to inquire.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

10. Gary Garcia

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Thanks to all for your support. The local sheriff went out and talked(threatened)the Kay people.Sheriff Flowers told me they have to go out to there house almost weekly because of people calling to complain about them.He says they have a 12x12 shed where all the instruments are. They take deposits and then you don't hear from them again.Because the sheriff told them I was going to press charges, I received an email from Mrs. Kay saying she has just shipped my trumpet back via UPS(4 months later).We'll see what shape my trumpet comes back or comes back damaged.-----:-)Gar