Shocked

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gary Garcia, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    Religious language is a sure sign of a scam. They prey on people who feel that they must be christian so they would never rip them off. As you know by now, you can't trust anything THEY put up on a site; you need to get independent recommendations.

If the police are going out on a weekly basis, you can be sure they are up to no good. I can't stress this enough: your horn is in danger of being lost forever. I've seen this exact scam in the instrument world before. You need to demand they give you the tracking number.

Honestly, depending how you feel about the horn, I'd spend a couple of hundred bucks and fly there personally and pick up your horn. I don't think you see it otherwise.

Good luck.

I see you own an airplane company. Good god man, take a trip to Tennessee.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. Gary Garcia

Gary Garcia Pianissimo User

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    I have now received a UPS tracking tag with numer saying my trumpet is coming back. I don't know the condition or even if its the same 1947 Committee trumpet.We'll see when I see the s/n ----Gar

3. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    Good luck. I hope for the best for you. And if you need some recommendations on some highly respectable repair people I'm sure a number of folks here will be happy to help you.

Josh Landress in New York is excellent and I send all my horns to him. He works out of the Sam Ash store on 48th street.

4. ecarroll

ecarroll Artist in Residence Staff Member

Jul 13, 2005
    NY/CA
    Best of luck, Gary. I'll keep eating popcorn and watching this thread until you tell us that your horn is safe.

EC

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Their web site said that they serviced the customers of the new millenium. That is the problem. I don't know about you Gary, but me and most of my horns are from the "old" millenium!

6. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    I hear you. I would do the same thing, but you know what? Not everybody has our experience or mindset. That doesn't make him wrong and it doesn't make it right for somebody to rip him off and it definitely doesn't make it helpful to post a judgemental message about not giving him sympathy when he never asked for any....

bigtiny

7. Darthsunshine

Darthsunshine Mezzo Forte User

Jul 19, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Bad people are bad people, no matter what label they apply to themselves... and bad people typically try to label themselves in a way that will disarm others. Don't mistake the bad people who misappropriate the image of others for the people whose image they are misappropriating.

8. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

9. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    It was obscene slander that violated the posting rules of this Web site.
    There is no excuse for what he posted.
    I will say no more about it, allowing the moderator to handle the matter.

- Morris

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  10. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    Uhhhh...it was a quote from William S. Burroughs. Not the first time somebody tried to censor him.....

bigtiny