Shocked

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gary Garcia, Aug 5, 2008.

1. brooce

brooce New Friend

Dec 2, 2008
    hello all. i just read this thread with great interest as i am in the throes of dealing with this same company. yes, yes i am well aware of the 'buyer beware' principle associated with all of this. however, when i sent my horn to them several months ago, there were no negative reports anywhere about them.

that being said, this question is for gary. did you ever get your horn back??? if so, what state was it in???

peace

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. brooce

brooce New Friend

Dec 2, 2008
    i just wanted to post a final update on my experiences with the "musical instrument repair shop" in tennessee.

in short, i finally got my horn back. and it's quality work. you can rest assured they are a legitimate business and do fine, fine work.

unfortunately, they are poor communicators. (the business is literally just a husband and wife.) the process took a very, very long time and had lots and lots of delays. it was frustrating, to say the least. while their customer service needs vast improvement, overall i am pleased with the craftsmanship. take that as you will...

3. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Yes, I agree get it back and next time I would ask this in advance?? I have never heard of it takeing that long. In fact even plaves that build to order like semi-custom like Edwards does not take that long and they build your trumpet to your spec.'s after you try out a loaner with various leadpipes and bell's etc......... FOr me to wait to a year the shop had better be smelting their own copper and brass and hand hammering every sheet themselfs for that type of wait time!!

In fact any place with that time of wait time should have told you that before you sent the trumpet to them when you where talking to them on the phone. I always call and talk to people when I can and prefer to only use email after I have spoken to them onthe phone or in person.

4. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    sounds to me like it is a small shop and doesn't have much of an inventory. He probably has to see the horn and order the parts he needs and if something else crops up he has to order or make that part also. The daisy chain effect comes in to play and you as the customer is left in the dark because of poor communication. Glad you got the horn back and like the results.