Should I continue?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by trumpetsplus, Jul 31, 2012.

1. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Thanks Guys - and thanks for the PMs

You understand the spirit in which I make my comments.

As suggested, I have (slightly) modified my signature.

Hopefully we can put this topic to bed now unless someone has a strong differing opinion.

DaTrump, coolerdave and Dupac like this.
  2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    1. NO : please continue.
    2. :dontknow: Is this really necessary?
    3. NO ! I learn a lot by reading your advices, I think I'm not the only one …

3. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    A very good friend and fellow musician in our band is the head repair person at the largest music instrument sales store in Wi. I always ask him advice on my horns before I do anything to them out of the norm, (cleaning and playing). I’ve learned a huge amount of info from him on how horns are put together, the bracing and a lot of the “Whys”. Ivan I think your advice on here is great and as I’ve told you before I enjoy reading what you have to say to help others. My friend knows when to say, “Hey why don’t you just bring it in” vs. “Try this”. You do the same and I’m sure all on here appreciate this. You have my vote to continue on with your great advice, helping the members of TM. Your an asset to this forum !!! They should pay you : )

4. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    I like the new addition to the signature. Keep it up!

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    By every means, Ivan, don't stop. Your advice is valuable, way more than it costs!

Some folks don't have the touch, and one doesn't develop it overnight, either. You can hand some folks a nice brand new Snap-On wrench and they will still round the corners off every fastener they touch.

6. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    A disclaimer, no matter how verbose or pointed, is always subject to actually being viewed, understood and put into practice. It does provide a "I told you so" element, though!

7. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Then, just for you, it is doubled.

veery715 and Recursion like this.
  8. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    call for rep points for Ivan ....
    Ivan, how many students do you think have playable instruments thanks to your help? ... I know of a few :)

DaTrump likes this.
  9. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    "I am a trained professional with decades of experience... do not try this at home."

10. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    this