Should I continue?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by trumpetsplus, Jul 31, 2012.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Yes. :D

Turtle

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Please continue. There is always risk in any repair/maintenance task. Always enjoy your advise.:thumbsup:

3. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    Unless you reach or are at a point where you are tired of giving repair advice don't stop because just as it is with music, knowledge that has been and is gained through positive and negative experiences should be shared and you should always include a disclaimer so that you are covered should anyone want to pursue legal action. People are going to go ahead regardless without advice as humans are creatures of emotion not logic.

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Please continue, Ivan. i've found your advice and insight very helpful and value your opinion.:grouphug:

Now, about putting a Getzen valve block in a Chinese flugle.........:lol::roll:;-):oops:

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    +1!!!!

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    +1. Agree with all of this. You at least will guide someone more in the right direction better than someone blindly leading themselves!

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Don't you dare stop! We need all the help we can get... :-)

8. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    I know I'm only back after a break but advice is advice nobody holds a gun to your head and says you must do it this way. Ivan it seems as though most people like what you say, so keep it up pal accidents with instruments happen to all of us. like the mini dent in my cornet 2nd slide , inconsequiential but annoying.

Cheers

Andrew

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh yeah, tell it to this guy who insists this is the ONLY way to play a bugle.

[​IMG]

So Ivan, what would your add to this piece to help deaden the scream when the performer pulls the trigger thinking it's the spit valve?

10. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Yes!!!