Shredded (literally) face recovery... ?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nicklysiakjazztrumpeteer, Oct 2, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm, I think KT has like nine lives ---- so depending on which life I am on, you might have to do that procedure for 4 or 5 time (ie 20 to 25 minutes) -- that being said, it is unlikely that anyone can get both hands successfully around my 18" neck, and actually apply enough force to cause any serious damage to ole KT. AFTER ALL, after the last few weeks of the Dr's visits, and the X-rays where ole KT here literally broke his neck/back in 3 separate places (all of which fused themselves back together ------ it appears that kingtrumpet is impervious to injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Good... you got the nuance behind my post. It's called sarcasm, a bit of entertaining wit. For those of you that saw humor in it, you got the point. For those of you thinking I put a hit out on KT, you must have a lawyer friend or family member that you think really needs a gig.

AND the only time Docs have a dominant role in our lives is when you let them! Don't do this. Unfortunately, I live with myself, so this doc has a dominant role in my life. I wouldn't want it any other way. What honey, time to come to bed??? No way, I'm talking to Ed here. See. I even have autonomy over my wife. Life is good.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

And thats JUST with the moderators here on TM! Oh Great Imortal [Imoral :dontknow:] One!

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I had TWO plastic surgeries on my lips as a kid. After recovery time was able to play again. DEFINITELY go see a doctor so it doesn't get any worse.

5. BachStrad1

BachStrad1 Pianissimo User

Apr 9, 2012
    Kalamazoo MI
    Knew a kid in HS who ran into a post...horn first. Damaged his horn (POS) and his mouth...Now there's a bright one. Seriously, though, I took a foul ball to the mouth years ago. Forgot my mouthguard...Duh! It split my lip open on the inside. There's actually still a visible scar there. It took a while and I had to let the swelling and inflammation go down before I even tried to play again. After it was fully healed, I had to gently break down the scar tissue and it doesn't really bother me any more. By all means, get it checked out to make sure there's no infection or nerve damage, but it's gonna take time. Good luck.

6. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    I've go to do this

So a trumpeter runs into a bar.............

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    ave
    If I hadn't let Docs have a dominant role in my life ... period ... I wouldn't have a life now. Even so, I wouldn't now be enjoying music were it not for you, Doc. Yes, I'm thankful that the world has some Docs. Now I did say some ... but not all.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So does this mean you can only play on plastic mouthpieces?:dontknow:

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia