Shulman System

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by godchaser, Sep 27, 2007.

1. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

ShulmanSystem

Has anyone used this system, or using it now to any extent?

I like what i'm hearing about the learning benefits. Plus, to use it to support the weight of the horn? I've got bad rotator-cuffs that'd never heal up trying to hold a trumpet for any length of time.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Dear nontrumpet player godchaser,

We have delt with the Shulman System on previous threads. Use your internet search skills and research librarian skills to find it.

If you have bad rotator cuffs by a pocket trumpet or cornet. Oh, I forgot, you want something that is not obtainable, a trumpet without weight but plays like a Monette.

http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f134/shulman-system-33802.html

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  3. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    You could have just answered his questions. Whether or not you believe he plays trumpet, or is a real person has nothing to do with this topic.
    Stop being a troll.

Anyways. I have seen it used. I don't see why it wouldn't help you out if you have bad shoulders. I don't get how it woul dhave any learning benefits though.

4. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007
    :)

You alright stchasking-

LOL

____

Posting again here:

I searched Shulman System there- i didn't find anything. Possibly there's a thread though.

Good to hear Brekelefuw; i was wondering how practical it may be.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  5. valejazz

valejazz New Friend

Dec 11, 2005
    Roma - Italia
    I use it daily and, if you find the right positioning of its arms and neckstrap, it helps to releave fatigue on shoulders, breath properly, reduce unnecessary embouchure movements...

At least this is my experience...

6. patdublc

patdublc Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    There feels like a lot of baggage in this thread, so I'll keep to the facts. Matt Shulman's system is quite useful. It is very easy to develop poor posture/horn positions over time - especially for those of us who have back, neck, or shoulder problems. For me, periodic use of the Shulman systems helps insure that I'm maintaining a good alignment and posture and not catering too much to my sore back.
    It seems fairly expensive for a little wooden device, but when comparted to the price of many mouthpieces, it doesn't seem so bad.

pat

7. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

That's great Pat- Mr. Prigiotti. I was hopeful that was so. Much thanks everyone, Cheers

8. tomba51

tomba51 New Friend

Jan 5, 2004
    The Shulman System is not currently available. I e-mailed Matt about that and here is his reply;

we're out of stock but the company is for sale, that's
    the status... so within the next several months somome
    will likely purchase the company and start offering
    the system again.

best,
    matt

So here's hoping that Matt can find another manufacturer and start offering the system again.

Tom

9. Ichierzen

Ichierzen Pianissimo User

Sep 22, 2007
    Check Hickey's Music Store out of Ithaca, NY. I was browsing their site one time while looking for Strads in my area and came across this Shlman System you're inquiring about. Their site was down last I checked, but you could always call. If they did have it, I doubt they've sold it, so check it out.