site down many times

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by A.N.A. Mendez, Nov 25, 2009.

1. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Anybody else notice this site is down many times during the usual week lately? Any ideas?

2. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Yup, and it is pretty sad! Probably the spammers fault! TM need a verification code system for creating an account, or as B15 said, a posting limit before you can post a new thread!

3. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Yes, I'm also having a problem changing my avatar.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    We have noticed and have informed the owner (MJ). I unfortunately have no further information.

5. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    I normally won't be able to get on at least two or three days a week, but hopefully MJ can fix this...............

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Access problems on and off, but avatar issues for a long time now.

The first can be as simple as a problem with their ISP, DNS, load balancer, anti-virus or spam devices. Internet issues close to the user can also be at fault The avatar issue is a software one on the system, I believe.

veery

7. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Pianissimo User

Oct 12, 2009
    Northern Ontario
    I'm on a few other Vbulletin boards and honestly these sort of issues resolve in 24-48 hrs MAX. Period.

I think the reason for this is the owners are not living life in the background, and checking in intermittently but are actively involved in the day to day operations, AND they have the appropriate geeks in their service so that when problems pop up they can sit down and work them out.

Not that I'm assuming anything....I will be the first to admit I don't have a clue who here holds the reigns. :huh::think:

:dontknow:

8. Heelum

Heelum Pianissimo User

Jan 19, 2009
    Sydney Aus.
    And here was me thinking that I couldn't get on because of the time Difference !!**

9. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    There's a time difference? Isn't it "now" where you are, too?:D