Skin disease on my lip

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by hhsTrumpet, Oct 31, 2012.

1. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    I got some kind of a skin disease on my lip yesterday and its swelling up REALLY bad. I have an all state audition in 2 weeks. What should I do? My parents are too cheap to take me to a doctor.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Id advise going to a dermatologist(maybe, Gmonady!), it is probably just an allergic reaction, I got one before my all state audition. Without being a doctor, I'd say Vitamin E on your lip and take Benadryl as recommend but I'd wait for the experts to show up. Still, like I said, go to the doctor, it probably isn't a serious issue but I do not take things that affect my chops lightly.

3. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, my parents aren't willing to take me to a doctor...

4. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    And why not? Your mouth IS your livelihood. I guess not all parents understand. Well then, TrumpetMD and Gmonady should be stopping by anytime now, if they don't soon, I'd suggest PMing them. I'm not sure if they are any adverse effects to taking Benadryl, but it is worth the shot. The thing that would worry me is your lip splitting. In that event I have a few home remedies that should heal that up.

5. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Worst case scenario, could it be a cold sore (facial herpes)? No don't panic it isn't an STD. But in the UK a pharmacist would probably be able to advise you I'm not sure about the situation in the states.

6. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    I convinced my parents. The doctor told me that it was pretty bad and it would take me a week. He prescribed me pills for it.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Some have a strong reaction to Benedryl as affects the throat stifles breathing, my wife among them.

8. BrianCade

BrianCade New Friend

Jun 30, 2012
    Its leprosy. Now you will have to spend the rest of your short life hiding your face and shouting "Unclean, unclean..."

9. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    We're looking for a Good doctor in here. I will notify

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Gmonady is a pediatrician and chemist, but has been on vacation this week and out of contact.