Slow down programs

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by $sonnyman999, Jun 12, 2015.

1. $sonnyman999

$sonnyman999 New Friend

Dec 11, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Is anyone familar with a reasonably priced program to slow down music for training? I play a trumpet and I need something to slow down a cd or You Tube.

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Look out for dancing school supplies. They have CD players that can slow down the speed of a CD without loss of pitch.

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Windows media player will slow down to half speed.

Regards, Stuart.

4. JRgroove

JRgroove Mezzo Piano User

Apr 8, 2014
    Kansas City
  5. $sonnyman999

$sonnyman999 New Friend

Dec 11, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks for the information on "The Amazing Slow Downer", I had used their program previously on a PC and also liked it but I wasn't able to find anything for a Mac. I'll try again. Appreciate the tip.

6. Ufachotchin

Ufachotchin Pianissimo User

May 19, 2014
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    There's a free program called "Audacity" available here that I have used a couple times in the past to slow down some songs. Works well once you get the hang of it.

7. KennyW

KennyW New Friend

Feb 11, 2015
    Seventh String Software - the home of Transcribe!

I have used many programs for slowing down transcribed solos and this one is by far the best. It is pricey at about $30, but it is more than worth it and it is designed for the sole purpose of transcription. I absolutely love it.

8. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Thirty dollars "pricey"? LOL.

Maybe you'd like to go back to playing an LP at half speed, down an octave and playing drop-the-needle to repeatedly find that one isolated passage you're wanting to play.
    - - (or having the pitch of the recording "in the cracks".) Aye, yai, yai!

I've used "The Amazing Slow Downer", "Audacity", as well - depending on what your end goals are - "Band in a Box" and "Sibelius". Different costs and usages. I have used Band in a Box extensively, BTW.

9. $sonnyman999

$sonnyman999 New Friend

Dec 11, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio

Thanks...Kenny W. Not really too pricey when compared to Song Surgeon at $75. Song Surgeon pretty much does everything you would want but they are always up grading and of course, charge for it.