Smart Music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dizforprez, Aug 7, 2005.

1. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Has anyone else here been using this?

In addition to the obvious advantages of the trumpet music section it has, I have been really digging the vocal and jazz section. It adds another dimension to practicing vocalise studies when you can work on vocal music in any tempo or key with accompaniment. Any body that doesn’t have it might want to check it out.

2. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I use it all the time. It has helped me tremendously.

3. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    Is it a book?

Where could I go about finding more information about it?

4. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I used it my sr. year in hs for solo and ensemble. Actually, I kinda used it as an unfair advantage. The triplet runs were, for some reason, giving me fits on tempo. So rather than use a laptop to play the music, I recorded it to CD and that way the music would go at a solid tempo- I basically used it as a metronome. Yeah, that wasn't good, but I've learned since. Anyway, it is an excellent program, just kinda pricey.

5. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    It is a subscription based service that provides you with accompaniment to a range of exercises, method books, and solos.

For instance: it has the piano reduction for the entire Wynton album carnival. You can practice all the solos at any tempo you like.

I have been using it for vocal music as well, I have a few books of Arias I have been using, and they are great to work out a great number of things.

Check out the website when you get a chance.

Smartmusic.com

6. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I paid 90.00 for a year. I don't think that is a lot of money. You can also pay 10.00 a month. Very cheap for what you are getting.

7. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Normally, I would agree with you. However, considering I'm a college student, I use a bit of a different system:

90 dollars

1) subscription to SmartMusic software, massive fun with trumpet

2) food for probably 2, maybe 3 months (depends on prices).

Seeing as it is written that man cannot live on trumpet alone, I think the latter is more important. But no denying it, SmartMusic is an awesome program (with good speakers, it is a LOT of fun).

8. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    $90 for 2 to 3 months of food?!? Wow, what do you eat, ramen 3 times a day? $90 is severly pushing 1 weeks worth of food, even when I was in college. Even if you survive on just hamburgers alone for dinner that would be $8.00x7days = $56/week. Add to that your fruits and vegetables, drinks, and other stuff (you have to get tired of the same thing over and over again) and you are well over $100 for dinner alone.

9. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    That 90 is probably on top of a school meal plan.

10. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    One of my instructors is actually an artist for Smartmusic. I get to work on my recital music on it. Very awesome piece of technology. Even has a tuner that plays the on-tune note when you are off-tune.

Van