Smashing Bells

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by Trumpetmasta, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Trumpetmasta

Trumpetmasta Pianissimo User

Mar 31, 2012
    Narnia
    Ummm...soooo...
    well let's get this over with. I've been playing french horn for a while and have been extremely cautious about the bell. Well as soon as I think I am in the clear a stupid tuning slide gets stuck and the bell has moderately bad damage. I is not too noticeable, but I would like some reassurance that people can usually get the dings out. I is where the bell is attached to the valve/slide section by the little wire/pipe/piece of metal thing which will make it tough, but it seems like it could come out. Pretty nervous about hearing some horror stories, but bring it on. :shhh:

2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    No big deal. Take it to a good tech and it will fixed without any problem. You should have seen my niece's French Horn I had it repaired and you can't even tell it was dented and dented and dented!

3. Trumpetmasta

Mar 31, 2012
    Narnia
    good to hear! thank you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Your welcome. It always hurts to get that first ding, but always repairable.

5. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Until the tech let me watch the repair, I had no idea how easy ( with practice and talent of course) such a repair is. Made me want to start learning. Unless you have something unusual, it will probably come back without you being able to see it.

6. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Those dings taunt me at night, when i'm trying to sleep. :bash:

7. trumpeterjake

trumpeterjake Pianissimo User

Aug 5, 2012
    Connersville, Indiana
    Easy fix, no worries just don't let your band's personal know-it-all try and "help you out". All bands have atleast one of them to avoid at all costs. Have a some trained repare it.

8. Trumpetmasta

Mar 31, 2012
    Narnia
    heh yeah ours sits in my section!

9. trumpeterjake

trumpeterjake Pianissimo User

Aug 5, 2012
    Connersville, Indiana
    Oh good, so you get a first hand glimpse of his skill and knowledge at all brass and woodwind instruments. -sarcasm-:roll:

10. Trumpetmasta

Mar 31, 2012
    Narnia
    -_- that is NOTHING to joke about he is so "high and mighty junior don't question it freshy" *sigh