Smooth Jazz: Transcription Web Sites?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mauiaction, Aug 28, 2007.

1. mauiaction

mauiaction New Friend

Aug 20, 2007
    Aloha All~

After over 30 years, I am thinking of picking up the trumpet again. I have really been inspired by Chris Botti’s music (more ballads) and oddly enough I would love to do an instrumental version of Corrine Bailey Rae’s “Like a Star.â€

I played trumpet when I was 14, then onto the French Horn and drums through High School. As an adult I played electric bass and guitar (rock). Now that I’m pushing 50, I have been wanting to play the trumpet again. I have been pretty impressed by mariachi playing as well (Calexico). Now that I am going to have a basement, I would like to try picking up the trumpet again. Too bad I still don’t have my old trumpet! My roommate used to play sax and likes smooth jazz as well, so I think she may want to start up again too.

The catch is, I went online as I would to look up chords for a song on guitar, but there wasn’t anything for trumpet. I figured there would be tons of sites for transcripts that people figured out and posted. I found nada!

Where can I find transcriptions for contemporary songs for trumpet and now possibly sax?

2. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area