So I bought a new copy of Arbans....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by duanemassey, Feb 12, 2014.

1. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Hi I had an old issue from about 1935 brownish cover with R.Mendez picture inside with his introduction or
    comments you might say.....at the time I was in my teens I never heard of him but one day I was watching a cartoon about a bullfight and the trumpet player sounded fantastic I waited till the end of cartoon when they showed the
    credits there it was R.Mendez he just sounded better than most of the music that I heard on cartoons !

2. duanemassey

duanemassey Piano User

Jul 14, 2009
    Houston
    I had a red cover version at one time, vanished somewhere courtesy of my step-son. I haven't spent a lot of time with method books, as my musical roots did not include much in the way of lessons or trumpet education. I used the Arbans book more for sight-reading drills than anything else. I am going to attempt to take a different approach this time. I bought the new Carl Fisher version that includes a CD with recorded accompaniments and several performances of selections from the book.
    Mostly for my own gratification, as I spend very little time playing trumpet right now, especially classical. Interesting to see how much self-discipline I can generate.

3. Lionelsax

Lionelsax Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2013
    Arban-Professeur-Au-Conservatoire-National-De-Musique-Grande-Methode-Complete-De-Cornet-A-Piston.jpg

4. And3

And3 Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2013
    East Sussex, UK