Soldering Water Key

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by BrassBandMajor, May 16, 2015.

1. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Dawg!!! That's awesome! I am really close to retiring and I would so LOVE to do that. There's just nothing around here that offers an opportunity like that. It would mean over an hour long commute into the big smoke and even then I don't know if there's anyone who would actually take me on. All the techs I've met in Toronto are one man operations. If I moved to London, ON there is an amazing (for Canada) shop there, and I think Rob would be willing to let me help, but I don't see a move like that in my future.

http://www.musicaid.com/

This is one of my favorite pics I've found on-line. Seems like a good place to stick it in . . .

[​IMG]

2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I might consider it when I retire soon. I'm sure he is hunting someone to work 8 hrs a day and when I retire, I'm retired. The guy is very good, but quite essentric. He has designed several horns (think he did the Bach 200 or 300 many years ago). I've heard that in some repair classes he would walk in with an alto or tenor sax, toss it 5 feet in the air and let it smash on the ground and then teach them how to make it look like new. He can remove a dent in the bell to where you never knew it was there- most others have at least a slight ripple. Problem is, he is getting quite old and skills are deteriorating.