Soliciting a little help...

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by NickD, Apr 15, 2004.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

Well, folks, I feel like a paperboy trying to win a trip to Flroida, excpt the prize isn't that cool.

I have entered several tunes in a little contest at MP3.unsigned.com. I actually don't really care about the prizes as I do about the contest.

I need some votes for my tunes, though I'm not REALLY sure how the judging goes. The good news (I think) is that you don't have to join MP3unsigned.com to listen or vote. I think you just go to the page, start listening and click on pick a rating.

Now the tunes I've got on there are kinda wierd, but so is the contest theme. They are "Kepler's Query, Brahe's Lament," "Dispersing Mists," and "On The Steps Of The Temple." KQ,BL is a very wierd ambient tune using trumpet and vocal loops of my own creation on top of a bunch of wierd synth loops and patches. DM is a completely improvised ballad over an improvised keyboard part - no sequences or loops, just my playing, FWIIW. Strangely, that one seems to be the most popular with the folks there. Hmmm... Finally OTSOTP is a strange mix of funk loops, native American effects and screaming trumpet. I was hearing an old MF tune when I wrote that one (Pocachontas), so there might be some unconscious references there.

Now, I don't really expect folks to actually LIKE this stuff. I'm trying do do a film score composers sort of thinking here by playing to a theme, though. Anyway, if any of you feel that you can justifiably rate these tunes a ten, please vote early and often (I think after a few hours you can actaully vote AGAIN).

So, if you can do this, I'd be most grateful for your support.

Peace.

NickD

2. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Nick, could you post a complete URL?

Dave

3. CalicchioMan

CalicchioMan Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2003
    Lombard, IL