Solo CD?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by loudog, Nov 8, 2005.

1. loudog

loudog Piano User

Jan 4, 2004
    Grand Island, NE
    Manny,

Any thoughts on recording a solo CD?

I enjoy your wonderful input on here. I feel like I've learned A LOT from you! I'd love to come to Minneapolis some time and take a lesson.

Louie

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Louie,

Well, it seems the thing to do at some point in one's career, doesn't it? I've given the matter a lot of thought and presently a written project I'm involved in will be finished shortly (about which, by the way, I'm VERY excited). When that's done, I'll be thinking about how I want to approach this CD project.

One has to decide whether to record repertoire that's been done before but that one wants to leave as a formalized record of interpretation. Then there's the other approach where you want to record things that are very difficult to find if not impossible. That's a tremendous service to other trumpeters and composers if it happens to be the work of living but good composers.

So, I have a lot to think about. Thanks for writing,

ML

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Give us a hint, is the written project the one we have been hoping for (a comprehensive approach to trumpet playing ala Laureano) ???

:think:

Greg

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I could tell you...
    but then I'd have to kill you.

ML

5. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    don't forget to do some jazz :cool:

6. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Not a chance, Jorge.

That's for the experts, not for me! It would be lame and it's too much trouble to make a CD to do something lame. I'll just stick to what I know but thanks anyway!

ML

7. Kevin Hilman

Kevin Hilman Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Here's hoping that it is a trumpet method book of some type. Manny, can you tell us when your written project will ready for the masses?

8. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    After the first of the year.

ML