Some help from all you car audio nuts

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by MahlerBrass, Jan 29, 2005.

1. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Hey there guys!! I was looking to invest into a good pair of 6x9s for my car. Now, I have bought a pair of Sony X-plods and they didn't really cut it, I'm a student and teach just about everyday of the week, and it's about an hour drive to where I teach, so I practically live in my car. Now, I don't want to get fancy and get a sub or amp or anything, but I just want a GOOD set of speakers that can handle my excitement when I listen to Bruckner or Gordon Goodwin. The biggest problem I have is that I want a lot of bass in my speakers, I'm not expecting to rattle my car, but just some good solid, non-staticky bass. Anyway, I would really appreciate some ideas or tips to solve my dilemma, I'm currently looking at a set of Rockford Fosgate and a set of Memphis 6x9s, not sure which models, but those are the brands, thanks a lot guys!!

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Hmm, I looked at this several years ago. My setup was gonna be a couple of Kenwood 6x9's, and then have an Infiniti (I don't remember which model) subwoofer. I tested it at a local audio store, and it sounded decent enough for what I wanted, which was mostly jazz and classical.