Some of my free downloads will be coming down soon...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by NickD, Nov 24, 2005.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

I will be removing some of my free downloads from my mp3unsigned.com account soon. I post this here with some trepedation, but this is the Lounge are, and I don't think I'm violating the guidelines.

Among the tunes destined to be removed, soon, will be "The Party Next Door." While it will be buried at my Ampcast site for a PPD, I'm not even sure how long I'll be staying at Ampcast. In any case, I'm gradually scrapping all of my music based on loops and sequences. I am alerting only TM members about this as I basically wrote that tune specifically as a fun thing just for this group/forum! If you want it, here's the link:

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.asp?mp3id=11268&aid=633

I laced it with silly high notes as a bit of a gag for you folks (though I can never compete with the TasteeBros on that matter! Those guys own that turf!).

After I complete "No Man Is An Island" and the distribution begins, I'll be starting a new legit CD, so the remaining files of my old stuff will get deleted at that point.

Now, this post will NOT appear at TH, the Brass Forum or the UK Brass Forum, and I most certainly can't post anything like this on TPIN. This one is just for you, fwiiw.

Please accept this for what it is - a sincere announcement. I get no pay from this, only the joy that my embryonic stuff might be fun for some folks to listen to.

Peace.

Nick

2. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    Nick,
    Thanks for the heads up, Love your work!

3. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Nick baby boy, please don,t let what one lonely fool say,s about your
    stop you from being the cool,[email protected] that you are man.
    I feel really bad cause now you don,t sound like your normal self!
    come on nick, you da mack with da cheese!
    ;-)

4. fisherman

fisherman New Friend

Jan 9, 2004
    Nick,

Great stuff! Even my wife who loves Bobby Hackett and Ruby Braff said," This guy is fabulous-what a super talent-Can't wait to meet him and hear him in person".

Keep it up.

5. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Nick man, that is PHAT!!! If that's just messin' around, then kick my shins and call me dusty. That CD is gonna kick!

6. rbtrumpet08

rbtrumpet08 Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2004
    you have some awesome stuff nick! Even my girlfriend who likes to listen to rap (ugh) and punk rock (ugh, but not as much as rap) loves it and says its awesome!

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

Thanks, folks!

Kind words folks. High praise, indeed comign from all of you.

Clarence, thanks! However, I am "deep-sixing" my canned stuff becuase what I am "hearing" these days is much more organic, and requires the ebb and flow of real musicians instead of the artifical sound of the sequences I write with my PC or the loops I got from my ACID files. I don't mean to disparage that sort of music production. It's totally cool, but I just can't get the sound I want that way.

My wife and I had a LONG discussion last year. We decided that my musical life would have two facets: my free-lance-jobbing work and then my recording. The latter now has attached to it the notion of taking the reigns as a leader, again. You see I was a jobbing leader for 13 years, but leading bands for weddings don't work for me. I can handle that sort of work as a SIDEMAN , but the leader role was too toxic for me. However, leading my own band playing my own music (or my own take on jazz standards) works just fine! So, with all of the new "real-band" recording will be coming live performances with these fine musicians. In any case, the canned stuff doesn't represent want I want to be recognized as "me."

As to being "criticised"... Well, as I said in another post, nobody LIKES being told their music isn't that good, even if it is a matter of taste, but I can sure handle the notion that folks are entitled to their opinion. I am not taking my files down because Mr. Deecy doesn't like my work. I am taking those files down because I don't like them as much anymore.

Thanks for your concern!

Peace, all!

Nick

8. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    I dont think you have to worry about anyone telling you your work isnt that good Nick. I think that you rank up there with the best :cool: