Somebody please explain "lip slur" to me

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by connmaster, May 13, 2010.

1. guyclark

guyclark Piano User

Feb 28, 2008
    Los Gatos, CA
    Hi, guys!

It really helps, on these online fora, to develop an insult-resistant skin.:cool:

Some people are less likely to sugar-coat their responses than others, :-?and their innate gruffness can cause distress to the more sensitive. :evil:

I've been participating in such fora as this for what is amazingly becoming nearly twenty years, and have learned this the hard way, early on! (insert old-man icon here):-P

One thing I've noticed on this forum in particular, is that some of the best experience is shared by some of these gruffies, so it's worth the effort to "listen" to them! :grouphug:

My opinion, anyway!:shock:

Guy Clark (and yes, Google is your friend):thumbsup:

2. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    Don't feel bad about the response. I am a comeback player with access to very fine local trumpeters to assist me when I hit a snag, and you may not have such a resource. Check other posts and you will see the response you received is not uncommon. Since this is a public forum, any post invites criticism of the content, not uncommon in fora on other topics. There are those who are sympathetic to your position and those who are thinking you are ignorant and wasting space, all opinions. Don't let it cause you to shy away from Trumpetmaster, there is much to be learned from everyone who posted replies to your thread, even those that may sound harsh. It's not the delivery, but the content that is important.

I have learned a great deal on TrumpetMaster, and look forward to learning much more. Stay with it!!:thumbsup:

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. connmaster

connmaster New Friend

Mar 14, 2010
    :huh:Thanks for the help guys, especially YOU Rowuk.:-P

I've been slurrin' for about 20 min. That's quite a workout!

:thumbsup::play: