Someone to Watch Over Me

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cornetguy, May 7, 2007.

1. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    Hi all

Anyone out there know about the avalibility of the arrangement Turrin did for Phil Smith of Someone to Watch Over Me. I heard it was out but haven't been able to find it. I really like the arrangement and that is my favorite Gershwin tune.

Thanks

Franklin

2. mitchota

mitchota New Friend

Aug 3, 2006
    Maui, HI
    I tried looking for it a few years ago. I was able to get a copy of the arrangement of Amazing Grace that's on that same CD (which I think is one of the best arrangements of that out there), but I heard something about George Gershwin's estate authorizing Turrin to do that arrangement, but not to have it sold to the public.

**edit**

I checked online and saw that you may be able to get it from Mr. Turrin directly. If you check his website, it's showing on there.

Joseph Turrin's instrumental music

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I happen to have in my folder at this moment the arrangement of which you speak: Arr. for piano and trumpet by Turrin and Arr. for wind band by Rumbelow. (e're performing it this weekend with Jens Lindeman.)

I don't know who the publisher is (my 2nd trumpet part is missing the bottom) but I'll see if I can get the info from our band director.

This is the version that was performed by Jens and the Toronto Staff Band (at JENS LINDEMANN'S WEB QUARTERS ) with some small modifications for brass band.