Something to think about when feeling unimportant

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by cornetguy, Dec 1, 2005.

1. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    This is a piece I saw many years ago and I still really like the point of it. The original was on a manual typewriter, if you remember those.

December 1, 2005

You arx a kxy pxrson:

Xvxn though my typxwritxr is an oldxr modxl it still works pxrfxctly, xxcxpt for onx of the kxys. This makxs thx typxwritxr lxss thxn usxful for writing rxports and lxttxrs.

Howxvxr my typxwritxr got mx to thinking. This reminds mx of somx pxople in our orchxstra. Thxy think, “ oh I am a back stand sxcond violin playxr I am not important.†So thxn thxy comx latx, lxavx xarly, and not contributx to the opxrations of the orchxstra. But what thxy don’t rxalizx is that all parts arx important to thx succxss of the group. If xvxn onx part is missing, thx wholx group suffxrs.

So thx nxxt timx you think that your xfforts arx not apprxciatxd or noticxd, think about my typxwritxr and rxmind yoursxlf that you arx important and you do makx a diffxrancx.

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    That was rxally cool! Grxat way to makx this point. I havx nxvxr sxxn that bxforx. Thanks for sharing!

3. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    that was sxitiy sxckxity!

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Oh Lordy! :roll: Clarence is starting to speak in tongues!!