Something to think about?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Branson, Aug 9, 2012.

1. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Ya...no shortcuts here. If it were easy to trumpet there would be no woodwinds in the band. Best wishes.

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    c'mon man, if it were so easy to play a trumpet, or fail at that and play a woodwind --- or wait a minute, if you failed at woodwinds -- then everyone would be a drummer ---- except that funny looking person who stands in the front of the band (what are they called, conductors?) who obviously failed at the drums, and they took 1 stick away ---and let them stand in front of everyone else who is playing, how embarrasing that must be!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. catello

catello Pianissimo User

Dec 14, 2009
    Winter Park, FL
    The new trend: trumpet players all 'roided out going for that DHC.

4. christophac7

christophac7 Pianissimo User

Jun 29, 2012
    Boca Raton, FL
    So for when I want to play higher, I should get some poison ivy and rub it on the rim of my mouthpiece? Or better yet, rub it on other's people's before an audition/chair placement?
    Excellent.... ROFL

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    This is a very scarey thread .... and kids are just foolish enough to try it ..
    I believe steroid usuage can cause cancer of the liver.

6. Sidekick

Sidekick Mezzo Piano User

Apr 14, 2011
    London UK
    Of course, if the steriod is working, you might hit very high notes,.. but you'd never be allowed to play at the Olympics.:D

Did you have a conscious thought that the steriods might have an impact before you started practicing? Psychosomatic possibly?

Whatever, now that you know that you can physically do it, just keep practiing (without the stimulation).

7. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011

I had no idea that any impact would have happened.

I have no intent to ever try it for range but if I get the Ivy, I'll be in line for the shot.

As for practicing, I hit the horn almost every day.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

well, at least that is a better solution than throwing it against the wall as in another thread -- I suppose spanking or hitting your trumpet, is the vernacular for athletes to give each other a high five --- so, perhpas you can say that next time!!! ----I give my trumpet a high five, everyday ---- sounds so much less abusive, thant --- "I hit my trumpet everyday" --- ROFL ROFL ROFL