Something wrong with my playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PwnageSoul, May 4, 2009.

1. Wlfgng

Wlfgng Piano User

Aug 15, 2008
    Canada
    Because everyone is looking for the easy way out.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I say it is because people prefer bandaids to looking in the mirror. It normally is not hard to get to the root of something. You have to want to. Once one discovers how efficient fixing things are instead of patching them up, there is no turning back. The choice is ours. Many teachers don't solve the problem - they patch a symptom. The student moves forward - a little bit. That is what generally works better in serious violin and piano lessons. The student doesn't do what they think is right, they get told by someone MUCH further what the next step is.

The choice is yours!

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I agree with rowuk and the other posters. You sound like an upstream player. This is not a problem as long as it works for you. Many pros play this way. If you are not sore anywhere this is not a problem. Not sure what you mean by whistling. Some players will blow just air through the horn or leadpipe and make it whistle. it's supposed to help increase air speed. I know players who can do it but I've never been able to. Hasn't held me back.