sometimes you just can't win~

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gregc, Jan 30, 2006.

1. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    ..... So, having to spend a week working across the country, I made the extra effort to take a horn along (and a practice mute) so I could play, at least a bit.
    Little did I know that the work day would clock in at over 12 hours/day and the New Mexico dryness would split my lower lip into a blck & blue, bloody mess in a matter of days.
    Oh well, after a couple days back home the lip is healed well enough to play and I'm working my way back. The good news, for me, is that I haven't fallen as far as I feared.
    I'm livin' and still learnin'.........

2. mrfabulous963

mrfabulous963 Piano User

Nov 26, 2005
    that had to really suck, i belive some ChopSaver is in need here

3. Derek Reaban

Derek Reaban Mezzo Piano User

Jun 16, 2005
    Tempe, Arizona
    This is a quote from the CNN article / interview with Phil Smith, so don’t feel bad!

I’m in the same boat here in Arizona (extremely dry – 104 days and counting since our last measurable rainfall!). I use lip stuff all the time out of necessity.

4. mrfabulous963

mrfabulous963 Piano User

Nov 26, 2005
    Yet again i say, Break out the ChopSaver!!

5. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Yea, Chopsaver! I'm pretty embarassed to tell the story, but here goes.......
    I THOUGHT I packed that before I left home. I looked for it EVERYWHERE when I hit NM. It was nowhere to be found. Now, just before touching down in NY I reach under my seat for my trumpet bag and open the zippered attachment area to put my paperback novel in. Guess what I find. CHOPSAVER!!!!!!!!
    i AM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The good news it that stuff fixed me up sum'tin fast~
    ... one travel bonus was that I was able to see the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra play last Friday night, before coming home. Beautieful, cozy (by NY standards) new room they have there. Great sound. Cheap (again, by NY standards) tickets. I heard some very cool, rarely played Mozart pieces. It's hard to believe they don't sell that room out.