"Sorry. I'm breaking in a new pair of lips!"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bochawa!!!, Jan 26, 2014.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Hang in there and best wishes for a full recovery and return to playing. I imagine that collection is going to get some intensive and perhaps long overdue maintenance in the next few months. Baby your beauties whilst you baby the new faux ivories!

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    After a few months following open heart surgery, I began massive dental reconstruction. It all takes getting use to, but now I've only 5 remaining lower natural teeth left. The rest is dentures. Its been a few years now and I'm nearing 78yo but still I'll be tutoring a high school freshman Saturday and soloing in church Sunday and sounding Taps on Monday. Don't look for the gloom, but the gleam of better health and nicer looking teeth.

3. And3

And3 Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2013
    East Sussex, UK
    Good luck and rest assured it will all be worth it in the end.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Putting the horn down is a tough decision to make, but I believe it is the wise one. Cannot wait to hear how you progress and the feel you have with your new teeth. Just think of the new possibilities you will have.

5. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    About halfway there at just over two months. I go in on June 16 for x-rays to determine if I can go to the last stage which will happen in July. I should be playing shortly after that. I'm really jonesing.

6. JWC

JWC New Friend

May 17, 2014
    San Antonio
    I laid off for 30 years and came back as good as before. It all seems to be just a matter of practice - after all, Satchmo had a bad fever blister that resulted in him playing with the side of his lip and he never corrected back to center. So, enjoy your new mouth and, if it would make you happy, try out some different mouthpieces just for fun. Good luck.

7. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    August 12, 2014. Finished! The new teeth, four of them, were installed today, 5 months and one day after the initial implant surgery. Tomorrow, I will begin playing again. I'm pretty excited!

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Looking forward to a full report on your comeback.

9. JWC

JWC New Friend

May 17, 2014
    San Antonio

10. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014