Sorted!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gxman, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Gxman

Gxman Piano User

Jan 21, 2010
    Hi

In short, the refund/exchange business of the mambo 5 etc worked out. The guy that didnt want to refund me the money unless i baught another trumpet of them, was not in the shop on sunday. He left a letter for the workers on how to refund my money and they apparantely read the letter wrong and gave me the money without buying something else. I was very happy about that because after i tried the VBS1 silver plate bach next to the stomvi Mambo 5 that i was going to have to give back, i was disgusted. The bach vbs1 (to me ofcourse) is a horrible sounding instrument compare to the stomvi mambo 5. It also feels like plastic in comparrison to the mambo. Mambo is definately a much higher quality build than the bach VBS1. So im happy i did not have to buy the bach and got my refund instead (simply because the workers read the letter wrong and thought it said i can get refund without buying).

2. ExtraTeeth

ExtraTeeth Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Perth, Western Australia
    Pleased to hear that it's all sorted and you've got a horn with the sound you want. Have you played it in band setting yet? If so, how did it go?

3. Gxman

Gxman Piano User

Jan 21, 2010
    Hi

Have not played it in band setting but I have played it with a grand piano in church with congregation singing and it sounded really good to me and according to others in the church. With a 1 mouth piece however (the deepest one with no letters attached such as 1C etc) it sounds even more awesome. Totaly opens up, powerfull deep notes and rich high notes, its amazing.

4. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Glad your happy with your Stomvi. They make an excellent trumpet.

5. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    A successful trumpet safari! Awesome - congrats!