Soundclip after playing the trumpet for one month

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kantza, Jul 11, 2012.

1. guadarrama

guadarrama New Friend

Jul 25, 2011
    CA
    Sounds great man keep practicing! I didn't even sound that good when i started! Dont listen to frankmike im getting the feeling he doesnt know what he is talking about.

2. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    Well this is an encouraging comment, 'nd I was thinking that I was improving slow :lol:
    (For your other comment:)
    Hah, so those waves do have an advantage, it's clear as glass to me what you mean.
    I still have to work a lot on my attacks, they're also too messy from time to time.
    I'll work on that.

@guadarrama
    That was just a mysterious post from Frankmike.
    Serious... what he says makes sense to me, what can you say to a beginner after one month?
    A beginner has to develop everything, nothing is "good enough" yet... ;-)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. monkeymark

monkeymark New Friend

May 11, 2012
    Out of curiosity. What method book/s have you been teaching yourself from?

4. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    The first thing I did was looking to a lot of youtube tutorials about the embouchure (and how to blow).

After this I started with the book "A tune A day", now I stopped with this because all the other songs/exercises are with the high D (still in the staff), which is hard to hit (it's already getting better now...). So I decided (and got advice from TM) to do some other stuff like long tones etc.

I also play the first warm-up exercise from the technical book of Allen Vizzutti (C E G C G E C, B D# F# B F# D# B, and so on... don't know how they call this in english...) everyday a couple of times, and I play from the high C (still in the staff) to the F# (under the staff) in half steps a couple of times.

That's all till now... Now I'm working on some exercises from Allen Vizzutti ;-)

5. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Keep at it. You are doing fine.

6. monkeymark

monkeymark New Friend

May 11, 2012
    It's encouraging to see someone doing well.

I have been learning about 6 weeks but i'm nowhere near you. I'm about half way through a tune a day.
    I wish I got more time to practice as I only get a half hour, 3 or 4 times a week.

Keep it up.

7. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Hey one month...your doing good. Best of luck. I don't hear you pushing or pinching notes which is great...your lose enough to play...The upper register will come out fine. Keep playing.

One thing to remember is when you want to swing, you've got to sound loose. Let go and blow those high notes might pop. One of the best things I learned from a youtube tutorial was a high note player simply said "The high notes are closer than they seem"

In three months time your going to get better. Keep it up. Your tone was round and full. I didn't hear struggling. I heard a young player playing comfortable. Good job. Keep it up. The high notes will not be a problem in the future. Breath work, air support etc...

I'm no expert or pro but I have had great results with positive encouragement from fellow forum members. Don't give up. Have fun. Loosen up...and you will swing. I'm routing for you.

8. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Sounds good for only being a month in. Keep it up and you'll probably do well.

9. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut
  10. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Very brave of you to record and post to the forum after only a month. With your energy and interest, i expect that you'll meet your goals!