Soundclip after playing the trumpet for one month

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kantza, Jul 11, 2012.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    That's is indeed impressive for only playing a month.
    Your tone will improve once you figure out how to take a full but relaxed breath and can suuport your notes with it.

2. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    Well I'm in vacation and I can practice every day for hours if I want, but I have to let my chops rest too...
    Good luck ;-)

Thanks for all the positive comments and tips everybody :D

3. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    hes not been playing for a month, for god sake. He has been playing his whole life, he played oboa and sax. thats why he sounds like that, obviously he is very musical and he knows how to breath

but trumpet isnt sax or oboe for that matter so he still has a long way to go

but do not get misleaded by his musicallity and good breath support -something he has been practicin for whole life, not a month

he just plays trumpet for a month, but he plays music and blows the air stream through musical instrument for the whole of his life -and thats 50% of trumpet playing, maybe even 66%

he even has properly developed embouchure muscles -and thats just impossible to achieve in a month

so he isnt that good, I rate him 6/10

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  4. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    frankmike: Wow:-?

5. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    Really...let it go.

6. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    what? Im just telling like it is

he is being hailed here like some prodigy -because he said that he plays only for a month -technically yes that is true. But infact it isnt. So what I did, I just shed a proper light on it -because it was misleading

well see what he himself has to say

7. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    Frankmike, it's true that I play the sax (I play sax since September 2011 ), and I've also play some oboe.
    Playing the oboe was like 9 years ago and I played it for just one year, I didn't like it that hard ;).

I just didn't know that those 2 facts were so important and had "such a big influence", like you describe...
    I didn't post this soundclip to boast, I was just curious about the reaction and wanted some tips...

8. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    wheres the embouchure came from?

so basically you just browse through instruments, your brief sax period was less than a year ago

9. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    As you can read I said "it's true that I play the sax (I play sax since September 2011)"
    Which means that I still play Sax...

Browse through instruments ROFL
    :roll:

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    It's good to be able to get some therapy in here, do some venting and so forth. But, I have to say ...... this is a little weird.

First off ...... NO, Kantza does NOT (sorry Kantza) sound like any sort of prodigy. Hello! It's nice, it's okay, it splendid for having played trumpet for a month. Prodigy material, I don't think so. A great start, for sure!!!

Second off ..... (or secondly) .... Do other people sound that good after one month of play. Yes, sometimes. Especially if they're a little older and it's not their first instrument. I'm not saying I did .... I was still scaring/attracting wildlife after a month.

Thirdly .... Why do you care, FM? Do you two know each other? Is this a personal turf war? If so, give us some details so we can take sides. :D

At the moment, I'm rooting for Kantza .... but that could change. :-P

Turtle

prls1power likes this.