Soundclip after playing the trumpet for one month

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kantza, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    Kantza,
    So maybe you are a 1-month trumpet player, but technically an on-again/off-again 2-year musician? Whatever...it isn't important in the grand scheme. You are apparently enjoying playing, you have a genuine interest in sharing, and you are open to feedback. That's usually good in most people's book.

2. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Kantza: Keep playing and playing, yes you have an advantage (not as big as frankmike thinks) because you've played woodwind instruments, so you probably know how to read music too. But the reality is that going from a reed instrument to a brass instrument is a completely different set of chop that needs to be developed. Just try to focus more on your sound and technique. Keep it up, you are doing just dandy ;)

frankmike: i'm no saying he is a prodigy, but he is following a good path to be successful. We all need to be encouraging towards one another, so stop being doosh :)

mgcoleman likes this.
  3. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    ???? rooting???

me and kantza, man, were on the same side, there is no beef between us. just a proper conversation backed up by facts -on the both sides.

4. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    I don't know FM, and I don't know what his problem is... (no offence)
    I know I don't sound like a prodigy, I don't care either, I just wanted to share something to receive some comments and tips.

Frankmike, you can send me a personal message if you have problems with some things I'm saying....

5. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    Nice too hear that man, but it sounded to me like you had some issues with me.
    I don't know.

6. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    wait untill that bulgarian pops up. trumpetnick or something -its not good in his book. there was a guy here whom I appointed to this site -good guy, a bit retarded in a way, I know him from our community band. and that guy posted himself playing here, and trumpetnick told him things far worse than I told this guy. In the end that guy sold me all of his equipement -including the fabolous Al Hirt D mpc. He hasn played since.

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    That is not at all totally bad! You have a great future. Your tone is decent, and you have a good start going there. One of your valves seems to be missing a felt or something like that- there's a click every other beat or so, but that's nit-picking. No big deal.

8. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    me? issue with belgian guy? come on. Im just planning my trip to visit spa 24hrs race

I enjoy hoegarden (oh its dutch ,sorry) and stella artois

How can I hold anything against a belgium guy

besides Poirot ws belgian -and I like him!

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Well, yeah ...... who doesn't like a good trumpet battle? Trombone Shorty vs Wynton Marsallis .... Frankmike vs Kantza, etc. :dontknow:

Kudos go out to Kantza for posting up an early recording ... that takes the kind of extrovertedness that makes a good trumpet player.

Turtle

10. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    oh, and to reveal the mystery from the post #5

I do not have speakers ROFLROFLROFL