Sounding Taps

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Ed Lee, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Throw up my hands in a police stop form ... I'm not wanting woodwind players, drummers, keyboardists, or string players ... my intent was that leadership should utilize physiology to its optimum. A master mason isn't going to hire an apprentice brick layer who weighs only 135 pound soaking wet and can't lift a bag of cement.

I hired others to teach my daughter the flute, saxophone and clarinet, although I provided the instruments and repairs for them ... all except the new Selmer baritone sax she bought 3 years ago. She pays her own way now ... and hasn't wanted to play in any band ... she did a couple years in high school but didn't want to then. IMO she can now play better than I can or ever could. Now her joy is to play duets with her daughter, just as I had in the beginning of my comeback with her.

2. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I think you're overthinking this. I went from playing trumpet throughout my school years and switched to French horn over the summer, entered university as their Horn I player. I've been involved in the martial arts considerably. You teach yourself to be two-sided. You just have to practice.

3. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    It's a huge difference between the recording and a live sound.

4. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Here's a good one. Some look like they're chugging whiskey from a bottle.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Now you can see how many Veteran's organizations have accepted this digital ceremonial bugle. My question is how much of everyone's tax dollars did the Department of Defense spend to develop it? A few times I've seen the insert fall out and be destroyed and a few times I've known the battery to be dead. I'm just waiting until they adopt the exclusive usage of it at Arlington National Cemetery and I'll scoop in and purchase some surplus Bb field trumpets from the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO).

Il Silenzio is a beautiful song and exceptionally well played by the young girl, but it is NOT used as final honors to any nation's fallen military forces. Too, the young girl who sang Amazing Grace was outstanding.

6. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    I wonder if one could surreptitiously reprogram a digital bugle to play Reveille instead, in hopes of resurrecting the deceased, or perhaps Sympathy for the Devil as a prelude for someone who had led a less-than-admirable life. :evil: