Source of On-line Scores

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tedh1951, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Free-scores.com

2. jongorrie

jongorrie Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
  3. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
  4. imjay

imjay New Friend

Feb 8, 2011
    I'm not looking for "scores" but transcriptions of my favorite horn parts. I live in a rural area and have begun playing my trumpet again - no one to play with :(

I want to find trumpet parts for my favorite groups like Chicago and Blood, Sweat and Tears - transcribed charts that I can use to play along with those groups.

I note-by-note transcribed from a score the trumpet part for Chicago's "Make Me Smile" but it took forever and I would think I should be able to buy charts of these trumpet parts somewhere.
    Suggestions much appreciated!
    Jimmy

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
  6. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Hal Leonard sells books of trumpet music from famous recorded pieces, but I don't know if BS&T or Chicago are among what's for sale.

You should also check out Jamey Aebersold Jazz which is Jamey Aebersold's online music store -- they've got tons of stuff for sale.

7. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
  8. vern

vern Piano User

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  9. glorybe

glorybe Piano User

Jul 29, 2009
    The disturbing part is that many tunes are being lost forever. Old marches,hymns, coronation types of heralding and probably 90% of all the tunes played in New Orleans and the delta prior to 1920 are now lost to us or at least lost enough to prevent halfway decent access.