Source of On-line Scores

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tedh1951, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    This months “Free“ Trumpet ensemble arrangement- Fanfare for Nine Trumpets

Trumpet Ensemble Music

Bruce Chidester
    Branson Trumpet Ensemble

2. glorybe

glorybe Piano User

Jul 29, 2009
    I hear you clearly. I like the idea of the melody being produced for several instruments. If I want it for trumpet or trombone to use as a stand alone solo it should be easy to find and it almost never is. Usually most song books written for most instruments are butchered items that are condensed and only a weak symbolic gesture at the real tune. I loath Sinatra's music but if I want to hammer out the entire melody from Left My Heart In San Francisco i don't want a junk version of the melody. Obviously it has to be range and key adjusted for any instrument that would play it. That stuff is far from easy to find and even if in public domain is always expensive.

3. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Just in time for Easter!
    The 20 Most Popular Hymns arranged for solo trumpet, duet, trio or quartet.​
    Works with all hymnals.​
    Transposed for Bb trumpets.​
    Arranged for instrumental performance.​
    Works equally well as solo, duet, trio or quartet.​
    Includes introductions and tags for endings.​
    Includes optional descant for each hymn.​
    Easy to read and play for a professional performance.​
    (Hymnal not included)​

4. glorybe

glorybe Piano User

Jul 29, 2009
    How about Earl Hagen's wonderful themes for the Mike Hammer detective series arranged as stand alone solos for all common instruments?

5. Jose149

Jose149 New Friend

May 4, 2011
    I am Playing taps at a funeral for an air force vet. Does anyone know where I can get a lead sheet for "Wild Blue Yonder"? I like to have available the service song and this is the only one I'm missing.

6. glorybe

glorybe Piano User

Jul 29, 2009
    Do a google and try to find the exact title for the piece. That is the start.
    But bright minds around here might make notice that these tunes arranged for various stand alone use might sell a lot of copies over time. I don't know if the laws are an issue as you are not selling the music. You are simply making sure that a solo version for a particular instrument is available. Frankly I have some doubts that anyone would challenge that in law as the recovery might be impossible and cost way too much for a company to go after.
    You know if someone wants to bang out Wild Blue Yonder on a French Horn that music essentially does not exist. So copying it from another instrument's score is not copying in my limited opinion.

7. Jose149

Jose149 New Friend

May 4, 2011
    I have searched but was hoping to find a free copy I'll probably have to break down and spend a few bucks. As I do the funerals as a volunteer I didn't want to start investing money in it . But maybe I'm just being cheap.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Musicnotes.com: Unsupported Browser or Operating System

You get the 1st page, then gotta buy the others.:thumbsup:

9. Jose149

Jose149 New Friend

May 4, 2011
    Thanks tobylou8 I saw that also. Unless I find someone who already has the sheet music and wants to share I guess I'll have to buy it.

10. moosicles

moosicles New Friend

Nov 9, 2010
    Longwood, Florida
    Heres a good one I found. It's called wikifonia and it lets you transpose the music into other keys. The music is meant as just fun sight reading stuff, kinda like 8notes.com

lead sheets | Wikifonia

Also, the other day, one of my friends found a free download of the entire Arban book in .pdf if you're interested.

Arban Complete Method for Trumpet.pdf

you do have to fill out a survey to get the arbans though. :-(

Last edited: May 22, 2011