South Beach Diet...?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by stukvalve, Nov 8, 2004.

1. stukvalve

stukvalve New Friend

Oct 29, 2004
    Has anyone tried this diet? Is there any merit to the advertising? Does anyone have any horror stories? My wife and I are about to try this, and I wanted to see if anyone had any advice to offer. thanks in advance! -Max Matzen-

2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    My parents are on it, and it works great for them...I'm not sure on all the details of it

3. DrunkIQ

DrunkIQ Pianissimo User

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    My understanding is that it's real simular to atkins - chicken salads here you come!

-marc

4. vivace

vivace New Friend

Nov 2, 2004
    BYU, Provo, Utah
    well if you like high colestoral

5. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I think a low-fat diet is best...................

Atkins and South Beach are excuses to eat 16 ounce T-Bones.

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Best Diet: Eat what you want as long as you aren't allergic to it. Exercise lots (walking is fine for the athletically challenged) and do eat with some moderation. Pass on the elevator from time to time and take the stairs. Walk, don't drive, to the corner store for milk and lottery tickets.

Turn off Dr. Phil, Opra & the gang of talking heads and take the dog out.

7. stukvalve

stukvalve New Friend

Oct 29, 2004
    Well, I have been on this diet for about 5 days now and I have lost around four pounds. The hardest part for me is that I cant eat fruit ... or rice until about a week from now, and then I can add them back in. But in general it has been pretty easy. Everyday I am taking the stairs at school, and doing it while carrying a few books and my wolfpak case with three horns on my back. I sometimes start singing "the eye of the tiger" when I get up to the 7th floor or so and I have two more to go .... :p