Southeastern Louisiana University Graduate Assistantship

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lplace_slu, Mar 9, 2013.

1. lplace_slu

lplace_slu New Friend

Mar 7, 2013
    The trumpet studio at Southeastern Louisiana University has a trumpet graduate assistantship open for Fall 2013. It pays up to $11,250 per year and waves in state and out-of-state tuition.

The assistant will be required to play in the university orchestra, wind symphony, and pit orchestra. Play in the faculty brass quintet Southeastern Brass. Coach the trumpet ensemble. Team teach the Brass Methods course and applied lessons. Assist the Professor of Trumpet with the teaching and administration of the total trumpet program.

Any interested students can contact me directly for details: [email protected] More information about the Music Program can be found at:

www.southeastern.edu/music

https://www.facebook.com/southeasterntrumpets

Dr. Logan Place
    Professor of Trumpet
    Southeastern Louisiana University
    Department of Fine and Performing Arts
    (985)549-2196 office
    [email protected]

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Sorry Doctor, when I attended college I paid to have a fully accredited professor teach me, yet I got caught with one of such assistants as was a waste of my time. The college did refund my tuition, but only after they received my lawyer's letter that such was a "Bait and Switch" scheme. I did not return for my senior year, having enrolled elsewhere to complete my degree.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    looks like a great opportunity for somebody.

4. lplace_slu

lplace_slu New Friend

Mar 7, 2013
    Thanks for the kind words kingtrumpet. It has always worked out really well for our past GAs.

lp

5. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    I'll pass this on to someone I know who is about to graduate undergrad. For those who don't know South Eastern is about a 40 minute drive from downtown New Orleans.