St. Paul Chamber Orchestra

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by PhatmonB6, May 28, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    This is not really a musical related question but I thought the best place to post for the right answer. We will be attending the 8pm show tonight and will be our first time to this type of venue....what is the proper dress attire..please do not say tux because I do not own one and don't have time to rent. Thanks. :dontknow:
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004

I would say for an evening concert, most of us middle age types dress like you might for a non-Easter church service. The younger folk are a bit more casual but not much. I have to say that I've seen a wide variety of dress for our evening shows. Dress like you're meeting your son/daughter's future in-laws!

Tuxes and such are usually just for the opening night of the season, these days. Enjoy the show and if you hurry back, you might get to catch and greet Gary Bordner.

3. student trumpet

student trumpet Pianissimo User

Dec 7, 2004
    I agree with Manny on the clothing issue...

I went to the concert Friday night, IT WAS AWSOME. the Shostakovitch piano concerto was amasing Gary Bordner does an amasing job on the Trumpet part and the piano player also is great. For me, the coolest thing was seeing my teacher solo. It really made me want to work harder at playing trumpet. I got to talk to Gary doring intermision. he asked me if I wanted to play the betoveen for him. :lol: :lol:

PS I hope that you arn't sitting right by the speakers for the first piece :D. you will understand what I mean after the concert.
  4. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Thanks for the replys, A little more formal than Dockers and a shirt I guess, I do own a suit for occasions like Minnesota Zephyr, and Sunday Mass so I will go with that. ;-) We are really excited about attending!!! :lol:
  5. SamTheMan

SamTheMan New Friend

Jun 30, 2005

Tim, I also went to the Shost Piano Concerto. I don't know if there was more than one performance or if we just didn't run into eachother...too bad. If you have a chance, tell Gary that he did a great job. (He might not remember me; we had a lesson a month or two ago.)