Stacey Hedger

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Decentplayer, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    I just thought I'd let everyone know that I came across Stacey's trumpet performance on Spike TV's viral videos. They say it's a classic. I really got a kick out of it when it was on TM. For all who haven't seen her, here she is in all her (un)glory. LOL.

Star Wars Trumpet Solo - Viral Videos - SPIKE

2. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    Yea I think that was in a talent contest for a beauty pageant or something. Don't know, it sounds bad though.

3. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hi,

Why am I laughing?

She stills plays better than me!

Prettier, too!

Best wishes,

Lloyd

4. David B

David B New Friend

Dec 17, 2008
    What happened here. Wrong key yes? Was there no run through first. Some newspaper guy found her and she was unaware of the tuning issue. Didn't even mention it in the interview. She said she thought she did pretty well. I can't believe it. How does that happen. Could she be unaware that she may need to transpose? I am amazed.
    DB

5. Graham

Graham Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Such a beautiful moment in music right there. *sniggers*

6. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Well that was very sad. I'm always concerned that someone would subject other people to such painful experiences. It sounds like she just picked up the horn to play in the pagent and doesn't have a clue. now that's scary.

7. DannyC

DannyC New Friend

Dec 18, 2008
    [​IMG]

8. bbswingface

bbswingface New Friend

Sep 7, 2005
    Check out her tuning slide. The crook looks too close to the bell. Someone probably messed with her stuff before she went on. Maybe she can't tell that she is out of tune because (other than bad ears) the monitors could have been too loud and she couldn't hear herself.
    But her tuning slide does look too far out, with the end result of her not only being out of tune, but her scale was far off too.
    No, I'm not Stacy nor a friend or family of hers.

9. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    That was just bad. It reminds me of when your kid is in recorder band and you go to their first Christmas show and you have a 50 2 nd graders playing recorder's from the Dollar Store and all of them are out of tune and leaking air etc.... You have to clapp for them but when a grown up does it that is entirely different. I would not put on tap shoes and try to tap because I do not know how to tap dance. Like wise just because you can make sound come out of the end of an instrument does not mean you can actualy play it! I was embarased for her. So let's hope that it was just equipment malfunction or not being able to hear herself etc..... I know the first time I played outdoors I was a little bit off my game. Like wise the first time I played in a school cafateria that had a really bad echo I was a little off so I understand that environment can play a role especialy if you are not used to dealing with anything other then a nice clean room.

10. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    This one's been going around for years. Here's what I think happened:
    This was the 80's or earlier, therefore they likely used tape. And the tape played fast.
    Check out the intro-it's in C# for trumpet and she's playing in C. So poor Stacey was right.

Eb