Stage 1 New York Trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Dan Millheim, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Dan Millheim

Dan Millheim Pianissimo User

Sep 4, 2004
    Fort Worth ,TX
    I was looking at pictures of the Stage 1 New York Trumpet on their site and it looks very cool. Anyone ever play one? What is the third finger slide technology they are using? Who makes it for them? How does it compare to their Ca. horn? Thanks in advance for any comments.

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Played it last Saturday. Dark horn, it requires the player to lay back, not pressure play (Normally dark horns feel like they need to be pushed, this one doesnt). The finger buttons are REALLY neat, the caps are so recessed the buttons meet evenly to the caps.

The 3rd slide stop is a lever, you flip back and forth, really cool.

Its made by Possegger.

In my opinion, this horn is close to the MR Eclipse, but I personally liked the MR better (The blow was more comfortable). I would rate the ZeuS Olympus as a third behind the NY.

Another interesting little detail: The 2nd valve button has the Statue of liberty face engraved on it!

Need to try the California.

Van

3. Dan Millheim

Dan Millheim Pianissimo User

Sep 4, 2004
    Fort Worth ,TX
    Thanks for the info.

4. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    If you're still interested in comparisons between the NY and California, I can get some info from Mark (11th Chair). He's played both.

Van

5. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    The NY version is made by Anton Possegger in Austria to my specs.
    It is an updated model of the old NY that I designed some time ago.
    It still has the same 3rd slide conversion with the ring on the bottom,but a completely different design.
    It will come with a choice of 2 out of 12 different size chengable leadpipes.

6. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    What does the term "acoustic bracing" mean ? What does this kind of bracing do to a instrument ?

7. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Hi Erik.
    Acoustic bracing means that this is a specially designed bracing that is placed on the bell and on the slide tubing, at the calculated spots where there will be less stress,and/or for more stability (less vibration).Also, to try and help the instrument sound it's best without any extra enhancements (caps, different shape slides).A lot less stress that the conventional bracing as well.

8. natetpt

natetpt New Friend

Hey,

Just askin my own questions, hope you dont mind!!

Whats the resistance like? I play a M bore horn an im worried about the transition to a larger horn.

Any info would be great!!

Thanks

Nate

9. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Nate,
    It is a very freebl owing horn.The bore is .460,ML.
    You should not have any problems.
    Besides,there are 2 different size leadpipes come with the horn,a smaller and larger,more open.
    It is very easy to adapt to,you can chose your own resistance.

Felix

10. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Nate,

The blow on the NY is very special. The less you push, the better you sound. You should definitely try them.

Van