Stage 1 Trumpet is Missing !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by NYTC, Jan 19, 2005.

1. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Stage 1 Trumpet,the horn that was made and used for the tour around the Country,is missing.
    It was confirmed to be shipped ,but the recipient never got it.This is a very upsetting situation for me.This horn means a lot more to me than just the monetary value.My whole life is in that horn,besides,a lot of great people played that trumpet. I would have to kindly ask all of you,if you hear anything or see the horn,please notify me as soon as you can.This is a one-of-a-kind trumpet and it would be very easy to spot.It has my name engraved on the bell.The trumpet believed to be lost around Las Vegas area.
    I would have to apologize to the people that are still waiting to test it.The tour will have to stop for a little wile.
    Thank you very much.
    Felix Vayser
    New York Trumpet Company

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Well that stinks!

I am sure it was probably sent insured, but that doesn't get the horn back. I sure do hope it turns up somewhere -- generally people who steal such stuff have no idea what they have. It cannot be pawned for much and no dealer would take I don't think without asking some questions.

You might contact Kessler and Sons in Vegas and ask them to keep a look out for it.

Jim

3. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Yes Jim,it does stink.
    Not only that this horn meant a lot to me,but i have a lot of people waiting to play it.It would take me about 2 month to have another one ready.I am not sure if i would send it around again.
    The trumpet was shipped insurred,but.....
    Whoever has it now,they cannot really play it outside of their house and they cannot fix it, if it has a dent,so this is the sad part about this.It is a one-of-a-kind-horn,so it would be really hard to do anything with it.

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Watch and see if it shows up on Ebay. (or rather, how MANY show up on Ebay)

5. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Do you think he is that stupid?
    Well,you never know.He took it,didn't he?

6. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Does anyone have an intimate knowledge of the Las Vegas area?

If the thief doesnt know what hes doing (Most likely), he'll just pawn it off, or try to pass it to a smaller ma and pa music store, where they will buy horns that they think they can sell at a better price. He may well try and sell off on ebay, but I don't think anyone would be THAT stupid (I have been proved wrong before).

I am thinking that if he does know what hes doing, he will try and sell it to a college or high school trumpet student, saying he gave up horn, or some b.s. story like that. Almost all the musical instrument theft I've heard about somehow involves high school or college. In fact, I know a person right now who sold a $5k Selmer bass clarinet that he never returned to his high school. I also know a student who never returned a flugelhorn, and I was almost blamed for someone else "misplacing" a Holton Farkas French Horn. :x

Theres some really crappy people in this world.

Thats why I'm asking if anyone knows someone in the region to spread the word to the high schools and small music shops there. Shoot, if you guys can round me up Nevada music college names (Theres UNLV, but I'm sure theres private colleges), I'll send an email to the trumpet departments to keep an eye open for someone trying to sell a very unique horn.

If this horn was just a stock-look, it would be a whole lot harder to locate. However, this horn is indeed a one-of-a-kind. Hell, its even got Felix's name on it!

Van

7. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Hi Van.
    I am working on it right now. I really appreciate your help in this.
    I will try to get the school names and department phone numbers as well.

8. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Hi Van.
    This what i came up with so far:
    University of Nevada Las Vegas
    University of Nevada Reno
    Western Nevada Community College

These have Music departments.
    I am also trying to get some info on the pawn shops around the area.
    This is a very hard work.It is a lot easier to make a trumpet then to find one. :-)

9. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Univ of Nevada (Reno) is a long ways from Vegas. If it gets that far, it will get to California.

Clark County High Schools would be another search. I was born in Las Vegas (my dad said I came out of a slot machine :roll: )

Jim

10. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Thank you Jim.
    This is some list of Schools!
    website with direct links
    http://ccsd.net/schools/schoolWeb.phtml

Basic
    Bonanza
    Boulder City