Star Spangled Banner Highnotes!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anrapa, Apr 1, 2006.

1. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
  2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    THAT, was very nice!

It is better than most renditions I've heard braodcast "on the air"!!

Not just the high notes, but your style was very pleasing!

Well done, Bravo!!!!

-cw-

3. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    MAN, THAT WAS GORGEOUS!

As a vet, the National Anthem is just that, not a song but an anthem to our nation's history and all the men and women who fought for, and especially gave their lives for, this great nation I live in. It should always be treated with respect whether sung or played!

I don't ususally care for a very stylistic rendition, be it vocal or instrumental. But Anrapa, I must say, I would love to hear you play that anywhere, anytime! Open day of baseball is Monday! I'll send this to the Chicago Cubs organization ad they can fly you over for their home opener on Thursday, think you might be available?

Peyton

4. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    Oh my God....
    You made me cry!

It's an immense honour to receive such an invitation! I know how much is important the National Anthem for you! (unfortunately it's not the same here in Italy :-( )

My knees are still shaking at the idea of playing in front of so many people! It's years I don't play anymore in public, I'm a 7 months old comeback player after 5 years off...
    And I'm very SAD to refuse your offer, but now I don't feel prepared enough to play such a piece with the risk of cracking a couple of notes... It would be quite offending, I'm afraid...

But I will definetly consider that opportunity in the future!
    Please don't be upset...

If you want to broadcast it, you are free and I will be the happiest man in the entire world!
    Thank you very much!

5. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    very very nice. I really enjoyed that and I'm not an american either, eh. Maybe someday I'll stylize good ol' "Oh Canada"

(wow, still loving it)
    Eric

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Viva Itilia, Magnifico!

Bravo...

I'm with Chuck that piece is just great....

Thank you for sharing that. You indicated you had just come back after a 5 year absence. Your attackes, phrasing, and ability to reach into the stratosphere indicate to me that you have been playing awhile prior to your break.

Good show!

God Bless,
    John

7. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    Oh man!
    Viva gli Stati Uniti!

I'm so proud you like it! I've told some of my friends about pwillini's idea... They want to convince me to go there... I just don't have the guts to do it live! I have played it SO many times today... my wife's going to hate me!
    Kinghornplayer, to tell the truth I played differently before quitting 5 years ago: I had a greater range, greater speed in technique but all was very "unstable". Now I am grown up a bit and more calm. I play only to improve my sound, I don't increase speed if my sound quality decreases, I'm more patient since now I have a job and don't play to survive.
    What I need now is a teacher and 2 groups: brass quintet and big band!
    Then I will be satisfied!

8. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Grazie,

Well, by the way you play it is most evident that you have been playing for some time and have a very good command of the trumpet.

I wish you well in your quest; you certainly have the tools to get you where you wish to go.

I hope one day to posess the ablility to phrase as you do with that range. I've got a ways to go for now.

Arrivederci mio amico!

9. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    ;-)

10. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Anrapa,

Normally I'm not a fan of decorating the Anthem too much but as I sat and listened to you play, the beauty of an honest man from another country playing with his heart, as you did, touched me.

I thank you for taking the time to learn it, record it, and share it.

I would rather hear you play it than some of my countrymen who have been given the opportunity to sing it.

I will be in Locarno on the 31 August this year and would enjoy meeting you if you're in the mood to take a drive into Switzerland to hear the orchestra.

Stay well,

ML