Step bore tuning slide for Kanstul

Discussion in 'Horns' started by haveatake, Jul 27, 2005.

1. haveatake

haveatake New Friend

Nov 13, 2003
    Las Vegas NV
    I have a WB 1600 Kanstul with a brushed finish. The guy I bought it from had a rounded tuning slide made (in the brushed finish to match) by Kanstul. It is nice to have the option of both the stock slide and the rounded slide. What I'm wondering is, does Kanstul make a step bore tuning slide (like the Bach Vindabona) for this trumpet? Would the leadpipe have to be replaced to make this work? I've never played a Bach VB, but they claim that it darkens the sound somewhat. Please let me know if you think this will work. Thanks

2. nieuwguyski

nieuwguyski Forte User

Aug 9, 2004
    Santa Cruz County, CA
    To replicate a Bach VB tuning slide for your horn, see if Kanstul can make a tuning slide with thick-wall tubing on the upper slide leg. Thick tubing will result in a smaller inner bore while maintaining the same outer diameter so the slide will fit. That is exactly how Bach makes the VB slides, and they don't use special leadpipes on the VB trumpets.

3. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    The people at Kanstul are really great and have by far the best customer service I have ever experianced. They can probably do just about anything for you to make you happy with your horn as long as both you and them have all the correct information.
    If they don't have what you're looking for, chances are they can custom make it for you with out too much hassle. Like I said, they are really great and will go to no limits to make their customers happy.

Take it from me! A happy Kanstul customer... Haha...
    (ok, there goes my cheesey line of the week...)

4. GordonH

GordonH Mezzo Forte User

May 15, 2005
    Scotland
    This sounds like the Wild Thing #2 slide.....

5. drac

drac Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2004
    I will let you in on a little secret. The light weight Bach tuning slides fit on the WB. If you can get your hands on one you can see if you like the setup. By the way, I wonder if you got that slide from me......

Jon