Stolen Monette in Oregon

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Big Daddy, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Left handed Monette - should be pretty easy to identify if anyone ever tries to sell it - it's likely one of only a very few. I hope he gets it back but man, I don't ever leave my horns in my car if I can help it - that's just asking for a theft in any kind of metropolitan area.

3. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
  4. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    He got it back

5. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    This is just a reminder that horns should be insured. Even though it would really stink to lose a horn to a thief, it does help to have the funds to get another one!

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    +1 for insurance .... especially for a custom Monette.

Good story .... glad it had a happy ending. It might have been that the $250 reward (and the fact that it was so unusual and would be hard to sell or pawn) was the thing that got it back. Insurance to back that plan up would have been a good idea, in case it hadn't worked. And next time, if it absolutely HAS to spend time alone in a car (it happens), throw a coat over it, or toss it in the trunk.

The first trumpet lesson I ever had was from a Mexican jazz musician I met on holiday. He told me that the horn he was playing was his 12th. He's had 11 of them stolen in Mexico in his 16 years of playing ........ Can you imagine???:shock:

Turtle

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  7. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    If Thara's horn would have stayed "missing" (stolen)...I think there would be quite of few people MAD. Thara seems to be such a good person. This really goes to show how some people are complete....fill in the blank.

I'm glad he got it back!

Kujo