Stomvi master Bb trumpets

Discussion in 'Horns' started by geoffd, Aug 4, 2004.

1. geoffd

geoffd New Friend

Apr 25, 2004
    Can anyone let me know the different characteristics of the interchangeable leadpipes and bows on the Stomvi master Bb trumpet.

I find the Stomvi website rather unhelpful on this.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff D.

2. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
    Stomvi Master horns

Geoff - I have three Stomvi Master horns (Bb, cornet and picc).

My Bb Master is the Ti model with a medium bore and came with a # 25 solid sterling silver bell as well as a # 27 gold plated brass bell. It also came with the # 1 and # 3 leadpipes. I later ordered a # 2 leadpipe. Also - The # 25 and # 27 tuning bell crooks were included. The Stomvi #25 bell has a similar taper as a Bach 37 bell while the Stomvi # 27 bell has a taper like a Bach # 72 bell. I like the # 27 bell "MUCH" better than the # 25 as the response is "MUCH" smoother and it has a much bigger, richer tone quality. I have also tried a copper # 27 and it was to die for. I also like the # 3 leadpipe the best as the # 1 is too constrictive for my taste and the # 2 is a tad unfocused but a little more open than the # 3.

Last but not least - the construction of these horns are second to none and the horns play as good as they look. Ungodly smooth. I purchased all three of my horns thru Cambrass in CA and they treaterd me very well. Talk to Jose Mecking who is their sales manager and I am sure he can fix you up with a trial. Also ask them if they have any demo horns in stock. They are very nice to deal with.

Hope this helps.

Seth Moore
    Dayton, OH

3. geoffd

geoffd New Friend

Apr 25, 2004
    Seth,

Thanks for the reply - My interest in the Stomvi Master Bb is a result of trying some Eb trumpets a couple of months ago - in particular wanting to try a Schilke. I had a lot of fun, but unexpectedly really liked the Stomvi Master. Since then I have decided that I would be better off looking at Bb instruments, but also really want to try the Stomvi Master.

Being in the UK, I also think I should at least have a look at Eclipse trumpets - the price difference is not all that much. I just have to sell a couple of instruments first ...

Geoff D.