stomvi?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bugle75, Jan 10, 2007.

1. bugle75

bugle75 New Friend

Jan 4, 2007
    hello manny.....ı want to ask you some questions..today ı get two trumpets.one of them are stomvi c forte other is stomvi mib/re master models..what is your idea about them?ı'm playing with 14b4 yamaha mouthpiece on sib stra.bach.can I play it with also these trumpets?and this is my first experience to play c and mib/re trumpets..please help meeee!!!

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I've never layed the larger Stomvi instrumets, only the piccolo about 6 years ago! Nor have I ever played on a Yamaha mouthpiece, so, the sizes mean nothing to me.

However, I can say that with standard instruments the smaller the horn, the smaller the mouthpiece. This has to be accomplished with much trial and error untll you find the right marriage of mouthpiece to horn. You use the balance of intonation and sound quality to determine if you have the best of both qualities.

Always have a friend with better than average ears to help you listen.

Good luck,

ML

3. stephenwright

stephenwright New Friend

Dec 28, 2005
    England, UK
    Manny just in case you're interested I think bugle75 is playing on a mouthpiece roughly equal to a Bach 3C. This would be an estimation based on the mouthpiece I play on which is a (Yamaha) 16C4 that is roughly equal to a Bach 1.5MD. I think that's how the sizings match up but couldn't be 100% sure.

Stephen

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hi bugle75,
    tell us a little about yourself. How old are you, what kind of music do you play, how long have you been playing?

5. bugle75

bugle75 New Friend

Jan 4, 2007
    hi..ı'm 31 years old..and am a female trumpet player..ı play in a stated symphony orchestra as a first chair..ı started to play trumpet in 1989.. regards..