Stomvi

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by nordlandstrompet, May 15, 2012.

1. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    Stomvi is known for?
    Short question, but I guess some of you have first hand experience
    which you want to share.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Stomvi started out making good Schilke clones, consulted with top players in Western Europe and went from there. I don't know if they last the 35+ years my Schilke has, but even their student horns have good response, intonation and sound.

3. rufflicks

rufflicks Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    They make a variety of fantastic instruments. Here is a link to the spanish brass youtube channel, they play Stomvi horns.

SpanishBrass - YouTube

Here is a link to the Stomvi-USA youtube channel you can check out some of the products developed for the American Market.

stomviusavideo - YouTube

They make great horns, check them out; Pics, Cs, Bbs, all fine horns! Here is their web site.

http://stomvi-usa.com/

Jon

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  4. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

I don't think they're very well known :p
    But they make very good horns - the Elite C I tried had very good intonation and very nice response in all registers

5. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    22.661 members and oly three (3) that has something to bring on?

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Stomvi is known to get the bulls excited at a bullfight - and that is no bull!

Very high quality horns from Spain that aren't getting much of a chance in the classical trumpet world. I really liked the picc (with the trumpet mouthpiece leadpipe), just not enough to want to buy it. The bigger horns are in tune, easy to play and seem to be well made - just not enough to make me say: "must have".

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  7. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Stomvi makes excellent instruments I have owned a number of them. I still own 2 in that I have an Elite Bb and Elite D/Eb. The D/Eb has been compared to the Schilke and the Bb I use for commercial work. They are well made and have a good sound. The Bb has a brighter sound and that is why I only use it for commercial work.

8. smokin valves

smokin valves Pianissimo User

Sep 11, 2011
    The general consesus from me and other players i know who use them is that they are great. I have not heard a bad thing about a stomvi, yet... I love them and have quite a few, the quality is excellent, and i believe you get more horn for your money than a bach strad.

9. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I've known quite a few people who love the picc, though I haven't tried it myself. The only horn I can really comment on from personal experience is the V Raptor and VRII. All I can say is FABULOUS!! I've done gigs in every style on my gold V Raptor, and all it takes to go from one style to the next is maybe a change of mouthpiece. I own 2 origional V Raptors, one in gold plate and one in lacquer, and of the two the one in gold is the best player - extremely resonant and easy to play. I've tried several VRIIs in both brushed lacquer and silver, and they all play very much like my origional in gold. Mine have worked extremely well for me, and quality of workmanship is great.

10. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Their use of titanium is unique, and the screw on bells are a cool innovation.