Stop brand/model shaming!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Clarkvinmazz, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    WARNING: This thread just changed direction.

2. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    You just say that because the gloves didn't fit.

3. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    I would set the TSO dollar amount higher! I paid close to $300 for my piece of crap but I have to say somehow it is less crap than its Mendini younger brother. It just goes to show that some brands deserve a good bashing!

4. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Not aimed at you Dennis, but I wonder what it is, seemingly, in the American psyche where things have to be "bashed". I just don't understand all this contention, be it trumpets or people who don't see eye-to-eye on things political or religious. In the words of that infamous victim, "Can't we all just get along?"? Isn't it possible to just see things as they are, not what one wants them to be?

5. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    You sir are 100% correct! I as an American do have a combative attitude to some degree, but I do try to take things at face value. It's just so easy to jump on the bash wagon!

6. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    This. This was the point of this thread. I'm just not good at words.

7. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I live to serve. :worthy: :D

8. TheLoneRobin

TheLoneRobin New Friend

Jun 27, 2015
    Houston
    While I dislike the idea of the people who say "I hate strads" or something as such, but for those who say they dislike them and give a valid reason (more than just "They are stupid") I think those are valuable opinions. I'd rather not buy a trumpet cause I only heard a few good things cause the people who had something to say stayed quiet. To each his own.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I guess I left my post a bit too "open". The "best" in my opinion of course means technology and manufacturing where no company challenges Yamaha (although Carol is getting pretty close). As far as the musical interface goes, I have no words or rating system for that.

Perhaps the Yamahas have oriental soul and emotion, so us long nosed have an additional challenge? An "acquired taste"? I have seen a practice stand with Harikiri sword attached..........

10. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    No horn outplays any other. Horns just do not play themselves.