Strad Pledge

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    KT managed to plant a notion in my head that I've toyed with off and on today. While I think I achieved my goals with my Strad Pledge, for the next month I'm planning to focus on trumpet playing improvement goals. I have been improving right along, but with no specific goals in mind. For now, at least, Ill keep them to myself; no need to bore our TM community. But I like the concept off setting reasonable goals for a particular period of time. This might even be more fun than my Strad Pledge! Thanks, KT!:thumbsup:

Jim

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  2. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Jim, remind me, are you playing in ensembles?

And wtg with your "pledge." The Strad sound has a lot going for it.

3. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not yet, Richard, still too busy with teaching, graduate school, and family. I have contacted another player in the community. We are discussing forming a practice group that might possibly meet and play someplace on my campus. I am thinking this might be feasible for summer. I agree with you that I need to be doing this.
    Jim

4. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Sometimes I wished I did play only one horn but it doesnt work for me at all. Good luck "strading" your stuff.

5. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Brian,

My Strad is already washed and put away for a while! I am fortunate to have several Bb trumpets I enjoy playing very much. My 1952 Super Artist and 2009 ML1 are commanding my attention now. I have some specific trumpeting improvement goals I want to work toward with them and, quite frankly, they provide me just as much playing satisfaction as the Strad does.

Jim

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    they don't want to be EMULATED because of the horn they play --- instead these and other PRO's would rather have us APPRECIATE the music and not the equipment --- IMHO

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    THANKS JIM, but freely admitting that "KT planted a notion in your head well, that obviously OPENS up topics of amusement and jokes from the likes of GM, VB and a few others. ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh KT, you have lots of good thoughts and ideas... You just disguise them so well!ROFLROFLROFL

Jim

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks ---- I like to keep people guessing --- life is more amusing to me that way!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ((the other day in community band, one of the new guys in the 3rd trumpet section ended up WANTING to move up to 2nd, and he did --- the other 3rd trumpet guy looked at me and said -- "why don't you ask to move up?" -- to which I responded -- "who even knows if I can play this thing?" then I put my mute in and softly played an F scale in basically 3 octaves (using the low F# with 1st and 3rd slides out turns it into a decent F) --- when I ended up on the HIGH F -- I looked at the other 3rd trumpet and said --- "uhm, that is probably more than I need tonight -- but don't tell anyone as I am here at the community band just to get a GREAT SEAT for concerts" ---- ROFL ROFL ROFL --- that was just so amusing to me!!!!!, probably no one else gets it!! ----------- I just really have nothing to prove to anyone, but myself (I know what I can play, and unfortunately I know what I can't play YET)

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    OMG Jim... GET IT OUT QUICK, before Mad Cow Disease sets in... It may not be to late!!