Strad Pledge

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Too late:
    [​IMG]

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Jim... To my utter disappointment I see you have succumb to the disease. I will send condolences to your next of kin, and report KT once again, to the Indiana Health department. This is not the first time this as happened in your state. There is a KT epidemic of Mad Cow there... but you will have herd about this real soon... Get it!! Herd... Yeah, I know... it's a gift. Bi-son.

3. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I did play a couple Strads and they were very nice. At least one was. The other had sticky valves and a loose third valve slide. But the sound was great.

(Just wanted to update since I noticed I got a "like" on this. )

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    to my UTTER amusement -- GM and VB and a few friends recently got together to play a gig!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Jazz for Cows - YouTube

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    for some utter reasons I HERD about VB and GM going to a COW CONCERT. I guess the bovinian concerto decided to serenade VB and GM. I think at the end of the concert they WERE SUDDENLY concerned whether VB and GM would be satisfied with a talk cold glass of MILK. Until 1 bovine (Daisy) whispered the idea about VB's and GM's diet, and Daisy said --" I steak my reputation on that" ---- well they all got a bit jumpy then!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Cows with bells in Switzerland - YouTube

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Sound s like a lot of BULL to me. Just a bunch of calf truths.

7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    That is the best thing I have ever seen.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes -- their audience seemed very interested in Jazz. ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    tobylou8 had asked at one point in this thread if the Strad was now my "go to" trumpet. I wasn't sure at the time, but just yesterday I received a Bach replacement end-piece w/lever-style water-key for the third valve slide. This really is looking promising! The Strad could easily become my "go to" trumpet quickly now (for whatever difference that makes in the grand scheme of things:roll:) I am looking forward to spending more time with the Strad.:-)
    Jim

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  10. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I had water keys put on the dump slides of both my Strad cornet and trumpet. Contrary to legend, I found no difference in how they played, but getting rid of the water in the 3rd valve slides sure is easier...especially on the cornet, because the dump slide is so close to the bell rim.